Utah International provides accredited instruction to students in grades 6 to 12. To be eligible for enrollment, students must meet these requirements:
- Reside in Utah
- Be at least 11 years old by September 1 of the current school year.
- Have completed 5th grade in Utah or another state, unless newly arrived from a foreign country.
- Not be enrolled in another K-12 school. Transfers during the school year must provide withdrawal form and grades to date from previous school.
- If enrolling at Utah International for the first time and not meeting the requirements for a retained senior, be no more than 18 years old on September 1 of the current school year.
- Not have previously received a high school diploma or certificate of completion.
To comply with state requirements for recording and reporting student membership:
- Teachers will record student attendance daily by 9:00 AM and for each period of the day, in the student information system. In case of internet failure they will send an attendance note to the attendance secretary.
- Attendance secretary will assign an appropriate code for all absences: Excused, unexcused, or school activity.
- Attendance secretary will notify administrator or counselor if a student has or is expected to have an excused absence of 5 days or more. Student support team will determine what support services are needed for the student.
- Attendance secretary will notify administrator if a student has 3 consecutive days of unexcused absence. Student support team will intervene with the student and family.
- If a student has 10 consecutive days of unexcused absence, attendance secretary will remove him or her from membership in the school’s enrollment. Administrator will notify the family that they must meet with the administrator in order to reinstate enrollment .
- Administrator or attendance secretary will assign exit codes and document appropriate final status for all students in grades 9 to 12 leaving the school, including graduate, dropout, or transfer in state, out of state, out of country, or to private or home school, expelled, or completed without diploma. Graduation, completion, or retained senior status will be assigned in student information system by July 1 and updated by October 1.
- Aggregate membership will be reported to the state’s data clearinghouse as required.