Classes are now cancelled by the governor until May 1, and we are no longer allowed to tutor small groups in person. We will continue to expect you to learn at home using work provided by your teachers each week. We are trying to limit the number of students in the building at one time. Here is our new plan (March 30):
- To pick up or drop off work each week, please use your family’s appointment time. The appointment times are shown at this link: http://utahinternational.org/?page_id=2618
- For families with internet, teachers will start using Google Classroom to send your assignments this week. You can email teachers for help between 8:30 and 3:00 any weekday.
- If you don’t have internet, you can still pick up a packet each week during your family’s appointment time.
- If you have internet but need a computer, you can borrow one from school during your family’s appointment time.
- You don’t have to come in at all if you are already doing all of your work through Google classroom. But if you are a MUSIC STUDENT, you need to pick up your RECORDER during your appointment time.
- Please try not to come when it is not your appointment time. If you need to change your appointment time, you can call, email, or talk to Ms. Rowland in person. (firstname.lastname@example.org, 385-290-1306).
- If you are sick, please don’t come in at all. Call the school and someone will bring you your work if you are sick for more than a day or two.
- Please contact your friends who don’t have access to email, and help them understand the new appointment plan.
- Lunch is still available to pick up at school from 11:30 to 1:00, and breakfast from 8:00 to 9:00. You don’t need an appointment but you need to eat at home.
We hope to see half of you on Tuesday, March 31 and half on Wednesday, April 1 to drop off last week’s work and get your new work and your computer, if needed. If too many people arrive at once, we will ask you to wait outside for your turn.
Angie Rowland, Principal
Utah International Charter School